Fast becoming the most predominant and leading Commercial Agents in the area, Harpers & Co led by our Commercial Director Dr. Jak Kypri continues to experience exponential growth. Increased demand in the Commercial property sector enables Harpers & Co to offer a professional insight into an evolving and complex asset class.
Harpers & Co is proud to offer a comprehensive range of services for Commercial Sales & Lettings and Property Consultancy which include the following:
Our Commercial Services Include:
- Property Consultancy/ Advice
- Appraisal and Estimated rental Valuations (ERV’s)
- Marketing advice for Sale or To Let
- Drawing up Licences (not leases)
- Assisting with Planning Use Class applications
- Inspections as required
- Arranging Asbestos, EPC & Fire Risk assessments
- Arranging Maintenance Quotes
- Instructing Maintenance, Check & Approve
- Payment of Contractors
- Invoicing Rents & Issuing Statements
- Accounts Management
- Rent reviews (arranged through our surveyor)
- Arranging Lease Renewals
- Arranging Insurances
- Accompanied Viewings
Our Marketing of Commercial Property in London & Kent:
Commercial Property Types
We can offer the following Commercial Property Types To Let or For Sale:
- Retail Shops (High Street and non-High Street)
- Purpose-built Offices (Business Parks, etc.)
- Converted and Sub-let Offices (above Shops, within Industrial, etc.)
- Leisure / Hospitality (Restaurants, Cafe’s, Bars, etc.)
- Industrial Units / Warehousing
- Land / Development
CONTACT Harpers & Co if you would like to discuss your Commercial Property requirements.
Planning Use Classes:
The Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (as amended) puts uses of land and buildings into various categories known as ‘Planning Use Classes’.
We list below an indication of the types of use which may fall within each Planning Use Class. Please note that this is a guide only and it’s for local planning authorities to determine, in the first instance, depending on the individual circumstances of each case, which use class a particular use falls into.
CLICK HERE for more information about Planning Use Classes from the Government’s Planning Portal.
Before you negotiate a lease or buy a property for your business, check with the local council whether you need to obtain planning permission for your intended use, and, if so, your chances of getting it.
- Retail Warehouses
- Hairdressers/ Barber shops
- Undertakers/ Funeral Directors
- Travel and Ticket Agencies
- Post Offices (but not sorting offices)
- Pet Shops
- Sandwich Bars
- Domestic Hire Shops
- Dry Cleaners
- Internet Cafés
A2 Financial & Professional Services
Financial services such as:
- Banks and Building Societies
Professional Services (other than health and medical services) including:
- Estate Agents
- Employment Agencies
- Betting Offices
A3 Restaurants & Cafes
- Snack Bars
A4 Drinking Establishments
- Public Houses/ Micro pubs
- Wine Bars
- Other drinking establishments (but not night clubs)
A5 Hot Food Takeaways
- Snack Bars
- Offices (other than those that fall within A2)
- Research and Development of Products and Processes
- Light Industry Appropriate in a Residential Area
B2 General Industrial
Use for industrial process other than one falling within class B1 (excluding incineration purposes, chemical treatment or landfill or hazardous waste).
B8 Storage or Distribution
This class includes open air storage
- Boarding and Guest Houses where no significant element of care is provided (excludes hostels)
C2 Residential Institutions
- Residential Care Homes
- Nursing Homes
- Boarding Schools
- Residential Colleges
- Training Centres
C2A Secure Residential Institution
Use for a provision of secure residential accommodation, including use as a;
- Prison/Young Offenders Institution/Secure Training Centre
- Custody Centre/ Secure Hospital
- Secure Local Authority Accommodation
- Military Barracks
C3 Dwelling Houses
This class is formed of 3 parts:
C3(a) covers use by a single person or a family (a couple whether married or not, a person related to one another with members of the family of one of the couple to be treated as members of the family of the other), an employer and certain domestic employees (such as an au pair, nanny, nurse, governess, servant, chauffeur, gardener, secretary and personal assistant), a carer and the person receiving the care and a foster parent and foster child.
C3(b): up to six people living together as a single household and receiving care e.g. supported housing schemes such as those for people with learning disabilities or mental health problems.
C3(c) allows for groups of people (up to 6) living together as a single household – This allows for those groupings that do not fall within the C4 HMO definition, but which fell within the previous C3 use class, to be provided for i.e. a small religious community may fall into this section as could a homeowner who is living with a lodger.
C4 Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO'S)
An HMO is a small shared house occupied by between 3 and 6 unrelated individuals, as their only or main residence, who share basic amenities such as a kitchen or bathroom.
D1 Non-Residential Institutions
- Clinics/Health Centres
- Crèche/Day Nurseries/Day Centres
- Art Galleries (other than for sale or hire)
- Places of Worship/Church Halls
- Law Court/Non Residential Education and Training Centres
D2 Assembly & Leisure
- Cinemas/ Swimming Baths/Music and Concert Halls
- Bingo and Dance Halls (but not night clubs)
- Gymnasiums or area for indoor or outdoor sports and recreations (except for motor sports, or where firearms are used)
Certain uses do not fall within any use class and are considered ‘sui generis’. Such uses include:
- Beauty, Nails, Tattoo Studios
- Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMO’s)
- Scrap Yards
- Petrol Filling Stations and Shops selling and/or displaying Motor Vehicles/Bikes
- Retail Warehouse Clubs
- Taxi Businesses
- Amusement Centres and Casinos
Harpers & Co offers Commercial advice and Commercial Appraisals/Valuations by either our in house director or one of our Associate Chartered Surveyors*.
This advice can be provided in several formats and within an efficient timeframe. Please call to speak to one of our Commercial staff on 01322 524425.